You should say:
- The Most Beautiful Scenery in the World
- Some People Think That The Best Way To Run A Business Is Within The Family | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Describe a Goal You Achieved Which Was Set by Yourself – IELTS Cue Card
- IELTS Cue Card You know who is a good cook
- 350 Positive Words to Describe Someone – List of Adjectives
- a. Where it is
- b. How do you know it
- c. What is it famous for
- d. Why do you think it is a beautiful city/Special points of the city
Bạn Đang Xem: Talk about a beautiful city
Read more: Talk about a beautiful city
● India is a diverse country.
● There are many beautiful cities in India.
● Some are beautiful because of their historical buildings, whereas others are beautiful because of their modern architecture. Some cities are beautiful because they are in the mountain valleys, where as some are beautiful, because of the beautiful and warm smiles of people.
● Here, I would like to talk about Chandigarh, which is also known as ‘The City Beautiful’
● It was designed by the French architect Le Corbusier.
● It is the first planned city of India after independence.
● Chandigarh is the cleanest and the happiest city of India according to two different surveys held in 2010 and 2015.
● It is also the first smokefree city in the country.
● It is a union territory and is also the capital of two states Punjab and Haryana.
Xem Thêm : [IELTS Speaking] Describe a Famous Person
● The Rock Garden in Chandigarh is a masterpiece out of waste material.
● Sukhna lake, is the biggest manmade lake. It is a beautiful place for the people to enjoy with their families.
● The sector 17 market is a shopper’s paradise.
● The Rose Garden is Asia’s largest garden
● The city has 47 sectors.
● Each sector has residential and commercial zones
● The roads are designed and oriented in such a way that most of the time of the
day, they are under shade.
● There are huge parking areas inr the commercial zones so that the Parking
problems don’t create a havoc on the main roads.
● The Parking lanes are as broad as the main roads.
● So, you see, while the city was planned in 1952, it is still the most well planned
Watch more: Access Systems Blog
and beautiful cities of India
Part 3 – Follow Up Questions
1. Why do some people like to visit historical places?
People go to historical cities to learn/gain knowledge about the past, the way of life of the people in the past, their culture, their roots, and the architecture.
2. Why do people go to modern city
People visit modern cities for various purposes, some go for work/business reasons, and some for tourism. Those who travel for pleasure to modern cities is to experience a life, where modern technology is incorporated in every aspect of life and to learn and see how people there are using technology in their daily lives. Singapore is a very good example of such a city, where we can not only experience the modern way of life, but also see how they have used modernization to help preserve and enrich the environment.
3. What are the problems caused by maintaining historical city?
The problems that maintenance of a historical city perhaps can cause are related to the funds required for the restoration and upkeep of the city. Another issue could be the pressure on the resources of that city because of tourism.
4. Do you think having too many tourists is a positive thing for historical attractions?
No, I don’t think so. I believe that too many tourists will lead to pollution and also will affect the upkeep of historical sites. Such sites need a lot of care and maintenance and limiting the number of visitors to such sites can help maintain them, prevent damage to such sites, and also sustain tourism.
5. What can we do to stop visitors from damaging historical places?
To prevent the damage to historical places by the visitors to such places many measures can be taken. There should be strict punishments, like high fines for the people who try to cause harm. There should be security personnel employed to ensure that no one tries to damage the historical places and along with that there should be security cameras installed to monitor the activities of the tourists. There can be tourist guides appointed, who also can ensure that no one causes any damage.