A tiger is a wild animal which looks like a big cat. Tiger is a biggest flesh-eating animal in its cat family. It has a strong body and it is equally powerful like a Lion. It is found in different parts of Asia mainly India, Bhutan China, Siberia, Malaysia etc. It is the national animal of India as well as Bangladesh. In ancient times kings used to hunt tigers in the jungle and kept its skin to display the prosperity of their palaces. While hunting, the stripes on the tiger’s body help the tiger to hide from its prey.
They are considered as the best hunters of the world. Among all of the species of tiger, “Siberian Tiger” is considered as big and powerful. Generally, tigers have black stripes on their orange skin but there are some tigers which have black stripe on their white skin.
Bạn Đang Xem: Login
Read more: My favourite animal tiger
Ten Lines on Tiger in English
We have provided ten lines on tiger in English. If you have to write 10 lines on tiger for class 1 to class 4 these lines will be very useful for you. After reading these lines you will know about tigers in a better way. You can add these lines in your essay and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in competitive exams.
These lines will help you to answer all your questions regarding which is the strongest animal of jungle, what are the characteristics of a tiger, where it is found, what a tiger eats, what a baby tiger is called, what is female tiger called, what is the lifespan of tigers, are stripes on tigers unique, can tigers swim, can they climb trees, what is the maximum speed of tigers, how many tigers are left in world, what is tiger conservation, what are the species of tigers etc.
10 Lines on Tiger – Set 1 (for Class 1 Student)
1) Tiger is the biggest wild animal in the cat family, it is one the strongest animals of the jungle.
2) Tiger is a “Carnivorous” animal which means it is a flesh-eating animal; it hunts other animals for food.
3) Tiger has long and strong body. It has four legs, strong paws with sharp nails and one tail.
4) Generally, it is found in orange colour with black stripes on it, but white tigers have black strip on white skin.
5) Generally, their eyes are similar to cat’s eye but the white tiger has blue eyes.
6) Tigers produce the sound of “Roaring” which can be heard from 3 km away.
7) Tigers live up to 26 years when they live in jungle but in zoo they live only 16- 18 years.
8) A tiger can eat approximately 25 to 27 kg of flesh in one day.
9) Female tigers are called as “Tigress” and it gives birth to its offspring called as “Cub”.
10) On an average tigress gives birth to 3-4 cubs at a time.
We are providing another set of ten lines on tiger to enhance your knowledge about this wild animal. Furthermore, you can add these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. You can also put these lines under the topic ‘Facts about Tigers’ on your class notice board.
10 Lines on Tiger – Set 2 (for Class 2 Student)
1) Tigers mainly live alone and they prefer dense forests and dens to make their habitat.
Xem Thêm : IELTS Cue Card You know who is a good cook
2) While hunting, the black strips on their body help the tiger to hide itself from its prey.
3) Each and every tiger is unique in this world; no two tigers will have same kind of stripes on their body.
4) Tigers are the best swimmers and they are able to hunt while swimming.
5) While hunting their prey, tigers can run at a maximum speed of 65 km/hr.
6) There are five subspecies of tigers in which the “Siberian Tiger” is the largest one in size.
7) Three species of tigers have become extinct, namely- Caspian, Bali and Javan.
8) Approximately, 4000 tigers are left in this world out of which only 2266 are left in India.
9) Excessive hunting of the tigers mainly for their bones and skin has reduced their population.
10) In order to save them from extinction, tigers are kept in the zoo, though they do not feel comfortable there.
We are providing below 3rd set of 10 lines on tiger. The lines have been effectively written in simple language to make them easily memorable for you. You can recite or write down these easy points whenever the need arises.
10 Lines on Tiger – Set 3
1) The biological name of tiger is Panthera Tigris and it is the largest among cat species.
2) A reddish orange fur with vertical black stripes is a tiger’s distinct physical appearance.
3) Tiger is carnivorous and usually a solitary hunter except when in courtship.
4) Tigers usually hunt during the dawn or dusk except when disturbed by human activities in night.
5) Tiger cubs are completely looked after by their mother, who teaches them skills for two years.
6) Once the tiger cub/s attains age of 2-2.5 years, they leave the company of their mother forever.
7) Tigers ambush their prey and bring it down with sharp claws and canine teeth.
Learn More: Forums / Discussion / General
8) Like all other carnivores, tiger’s incapacitate their prey by biting throat with their powerful jaws.
9) While hunting smaller preys like monkeys, tigers break the spinal cord of the animals.
10) Tigers drag their prey to a secluded spot to devour it concealed from scavengers.
Below we are providing 4th Set of 10 Lines on tiger for you to recite or write it when the occasion demands. These facts about tiger have been easily written in simple language, so that you can easily memorize them.
10 Lines on Tiger – Set 4
1) Tigers are the largest, ferocious and beautiful beasts belong to cat family.
2) Tigers have extremely sharp claws and long curved canines to help them prey.
3) A tiger hides its kill and might return to feed for a couple of days if its big enough.
4) A tiger likes to rest in dark shades like bamboo forests, caves, sugarcane fields etc.
5) Tigers have exceptional hearing ability but their sense of smell is not better than that of humans.
6) A tiger is a neat eater and it cleans the prey with its tongue before start feeding on it.
7) Adult tiger kills nearly 50 deer sized animals in a year and consumes up to 40 Kg meat in one time.
8) Tigers communicate through a variety of vocalizations for long distances like roaring.
9) Tigers mark their territories by leaving scratches on trees or spraying their urine as a warning.
10) Unlike other cats, tigers love water and like to cool off in pools or even hunt if the situation arises.
Tigers have many contributions in balancing the ecosystem by hunting and eating their prey regularly. In order to make more money, some people hunt them frequently and excessively and due to this situation, they are now on the verge of extinction. Since tiger is the national animal of India, killing of tiger is a criminal offence and people who get involve in the killing of tiger face the law of the land.
10 Lines on Forest Essay on Tiger 10 Lines on Lion