- WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO HAVE GOOD HANDWRITING?
- For younger children:
- Handwriting activates the brain more than keyboarding.
- Cursive writing helps students, both young and old, with dyslexia.
- As children get older:
- Many standardised assessments are based on written work, particularly in time-limited written examinations.
- Handwriting can cause poor self-esteem. Poor self esteem can trigger loss of confidence.
- Handwriting contributes to better writers.
- Handwriting is crucial for note taking.
- Into adulthood:
- People are judged by their handwriting.
- Helps with communication.
- Throughout life:
- Good handwriting is the key to progress and success.
- Children, students, teachers, lecturers and parents feel happy, confident and inspired by good handwriting skills. Good handwriting is the platform for achievement in the workplace and self assurance in life.
- You are part for a travel group. The group has 5 boys and 3 girls apart from you. It is your turn to plan a vacation during the Christmas holidays
- IELTS Task 2 Essays Understand the 5 Different Types
- Why Do Some People Wear Uniforms?
- Latest IELTS Writing Task 1 2022 (Graphs, Charts, Maps, Processes)
- Cover Letter for Scholarship Application (Template & 20 Tips)
Read more: Importance of good handwriting
Read more: Importance of good handwriting
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO HAVE GOOD HANDWRITING?
Handwriting is an essential skill for both children and adults. The following reasons demonstrate why it is very important to have good handwriting.
For younger children:
Bạn Đang Xem: The Importance of Good Handwriting
Handwriting activates the brain more than keyboarding.
This is because it involves more complex motor and cognitive skills. Good handwriting contributes to reading fluency because it activates visual perception of letters. Handwriting is a predictor of success in other subjects, because good handwriting has a positive impact on grades.
Cursive writing helps students, both young and old, with dyslexia.
Children can have a very hard time with writing in print because many of the letters look similar, particularly b and d. Also it can feel very uncomfortable and disjointed writing in print. Cursive writing offers each letter a very different look and allows the pupil to write in a flowing, comfortable way. This can decrease their dyslexic tendencies and make them more confident in their abilities.
As children get older:
Many standardised assessments are based on written work, particularly in time-limited written examinations.
Without fast and legible handwriting, students will miss out on learning opportunities, under-achieve and may fall behind. Good handwriting remains as a major form of assessment for many formal qualifications.
Handwriting can cause poor self-esteem. Poor self esteem can trigger loss of confidence.
Children who experience difficulty mastering handwriting may avoid writing and produce poor written work. Children with poor handwriting will find it hard to proof read their own work. They will then fail to spot their mistakes and their confidence may dip even lower.
Examiners need to decipher what is written. Otherwise, pupils will achieve lower marks, even where the content may be good. Many state standardised assessments and handwritten essays emphasise the importance of handwriting. Without fast and legible handwriting, students may miss out on learning opportunities and under-achieve academically.
Handwriting contributes to better writers.
Handwriting is critical to creative, well-crafted text affecting both fluency and quality of the composition. Legible writing that can be produced comfortably, at speed and with little conscious effort allows a child to attend to the higher-level aspects of writing composition and content. Handwriting contributes to better writers. Children who have mastered it are better, more creative writers.
Handwriting is crucial for note taking.
Taking notes by hand is vital for all students of all ages because it improves attention, comprehension, and results. Students’ notes must be self-legible, otherwise they are worthless.
People are judged by their handwriting.
Good handwriting is essential long after graduation. In our modern world, in all walks of life, people are judged by their handwriting. Jotting down a shopping list, writing a birthday card, taking down a phone message, completing a form at the bank, filling out immigration forms….handwriting is part of our daily lives. Consequently, it is on show to others and may be used to make judgments about us.
Helps with communication.
Learning to write letters and numbers correctly is especially important when writing down e mail addresses, website URL’s, and phone numbers. One wrong letter or number can prevent communication.
Good writing skills can help you in life. If you’re trying to get a job, good writing skills make you more desirable to the employer. One of the first things an employer looks at is your cover letter or resume.
Good handwriting is the key to progress and success.
Children, students, teachers, lecturers and parents feel happy, confident and inspired by good handwriting skills. Good handwriting is the platform for achievement in the workplace and self assurance in life.
To achieve good handwriting follow the simple Magic Link Handwriting Programme®. Learning Centres in the UK or Online.
Learn More: 34 Writing Prompts about Dogs