Useful IELTS writing task 1 tips, answers, lessons & videos for success achieving a high score. This page contains all the information and help you need to do well. Learn about the IELTS marking criteria, paragraphing, vocabulary and much more. This page has tips for Academic writing task 1 and GT writing task 1 (see bottom of page).
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Model Answer: It is necessary for parents to attend parenting training course to bring their children up. Do you agree or disagree?
- Center for Science Education
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of The Internet Essay
- Traffic on roads has become a problem in nearly every country in the world What can be done to reduce the amount of traffic at a society level and at an individual level
- IELTS recommend you spend no more than 20 mins on writing task 1. However, the time is yours to manage as you wish.
- You should write over 150 words.
- IELTS writing task 1 is worth only about 33% of your total writing marks.
- You will be marked on:
- Task Achievement (25%)
- Coherence & Cohesion (25%)
- Vocabulary (25%)
- Grammar (25%)
- For band score tips and details, see this MUST READ page
- : IELTS Writing Task 1 Band Scores
- Academic writing task 1 is a report on a chart (bar chart, line graph, pie chart, table, map, diagram/process). See below for practice charts, model answers, tips etc.
- General Training writing task 1 is a letter only. GT letter writing tips can be found towards the bottom of this page. Click here for Information about GT Writing Differences. There are tips for letter writing, further down this page.
- All words will be counted and all numbers count as one word. See this page: How Words are Counted
- For more information about IELTS test rules, tips etc, see this page: IELTS Test 1 FAQ
A collection of useful IELTS writing task 1 practice samples to develop your writing at home.
Bạn Đang Xem: IELTS Writing Task 1 Tips, Model Answers & More
Read more: Ielts writing task 1 chart sample
IELTS Charts for Practice: Academic Test Only
- Academic students may get bar charts, tables, line graphs, pie charts, maps and diagrams (processes).
IELTS Letters for Practice: GT Test Only
- GT students will only be given letters for task 1. GT students can find more tips lower down this page.
Free IELTS writing task 1 tips and videos for the right techniques and understanding the test more clearly.
- Essential Tips: How to Prepare for Writing Task 1
- Tips: How Many Words Should you Write?
- Tips: What tense to use in writing task 1?
- Tips: Penalty for Under the Word Count
- Video: How to Describe a Bar Chart with model answer
- Video: Map Language: 1
- Video: Conclusion or Overview Tips
- Video: Vocabulary for Accurate Data
- Video: How many Paragraphs
- Video: Official Writing Answer Sheet Tips
- Video: Line Graph 4 Main Sentences
- Video: Line Graph How to Write a Complex Sentence
Learn how to describe a bar chart in IELTS writing task 1. You can find a model answer for this lesson here: Model Answer.
IELTS model answers for charts, graphs, diagrams, maps and tables.. Each sample answer is estimated band score 9.
- Diagram Model Answer
- Bar Chart & Pie Charts Model Answer
- Table Model Answer
- Map Model Answer
- Line Graph Model Answer
- Bar Chart Model Answer
- Pie Chart Model Answer
- Diagram Model Answer
- Table Future Form Model Answer
- Line Graph & Bar Chart Model Answer
- Practise at Home: IELTS Sample Practice Charts
IELTS writing task 1 free practice lessons to help you develop skills and understand about the requirements of task 1 academic. More lessons will be added over time.
- Table & Pie Charts May 2019
- IELTS Diagram Rain Water
- Two Line Graphs: Exercise & Model
- IELTS Diagram Paragraphs and Organisation
- IELTS Life Cycle Diagram: Model & Gap Fill
- IELTS Line Graph Gap Fill Exercise
- IELTS Diagrams: Practice Exercise
- IELTS Line Graph: Vocabulary List
- IELTS Line Graph: How to Describe Guidelines
- IELTS Line Graph: Exercise & Model
- Task 1 Introduction Paragraph Practice
- IELTS Map: Comparison Exercise
- IELTS Two Charts Practice: Pie Chart & Bar Chart
- IELTS Bar Chart: Practice Exercise
- IELTS Diagram Water Supply
- Grammar Accuracy: Practice & Tips
- IELTS Bar Chart: Introduction & Overview Practice
- IELTS Pie Chart: How to Describe a Pie Chart Step by Step
- IELTS Diagram: Introduction & Overview Practice
- Introduction Paragraph: Common Errors
- IELTS Bar Chart Sample Answer
The following links are for IELTS candidates who are preparing for the General Training Writing Test. Your task will be asked to write a letter. You will not be writing a report as in the Academic Test. Use the links below to help you prepare:
10 Essential Tips for IELTS Letter Writing
How to Improve your IELTS GT Letter
Learn More: SPORTS MUSIC
Xem Thêm : 34 Writing Prompts about Dogs
Differences between GT & Academic Writing
General training model letters and practice exercises:
- Apology Letter: Model Answers Formal & Informal
- Amendment Letter: Model Answer 2017
- Complaint Letter: Model Answer
- Complaint Letter: Error Correction
- Letter to a Friend: Model Answer
- Invitation Letter: Model Answer
Subscribe to Receive New Posts by Email