- Latest IELTS Speaking Topics for May to August 2021
- Latest IELTS Speaking Part 1 Questions
- Getting up early
- New Year
- Taking rest/ Taking Breaks
- Window view
- Fishing and Sea Food
- New activities
- Meeting new people
- Spread the word:
Latest IELTS Speaking Topics for May to August 2021
This document has been updated with IELTS Speaking Topics – Sep to Dec 2021.
Earlier, this year we had listed IELTS speaking topics for 2021, which included questions for the month of January, February, March and April. Now, as you might already know, speaking topics are updated every 4 months. As such, we have an updated list of IELTS speaking topics for the month of May, June, July and August 2021.
Bạn Đang Xem: IELTS Speaking Topics May to August 2021
Read more: Ielts speaking topics 2021 may to august pdf
The following IELTS Speaking Topics May to August 2021 records tentative questions for the IELTS Speaking Test. The test has three parts, generally known as – Part 1 or General Questions, Part 2 or Cue Card Question, and Part 3 or Follow Up Questions. This blog lists questions for all three parts of the test.
Please note that this blog is very long and, as such, we recommend that you download the PDF version available at the top of the page. Besides, we have split this blog into seven pages so that it is easier to read.
- Pages 1 to 4 list Speaking Part 1 Questions and sample answers
- Pages 5 to 7 list Speaking Part 2 and 3 Questions and sample answers
IMPORTANT NOTE ON IELTS SPEAKING ANSWERS
Many students request us to provide sample speaking answers on all the listed topics. Please bear in mind that mugging up answers is not the right approach for the IELTS speaking test. In this blog(also available as a PDF), we do provide answers, but not for all questions. This is done so as to discourage you from rote learning(mugging up) sample answers.
Now, a few of the Sample answers that you’ll find here may be YouTube videos or blogs with audios. PLEASE DO NOT COPY THESE SAMPLE ANSWERS IN THE ACTUAL TEST. RATHER, USE THEM TO UNDERSTAND THE STRUCTURE OF THE IELTS SPEAKING TEST. YOU MAY USE THESE SAMPLE ANSWERS TO FRAME YOUR OWN ANSWERS.
Nevertheless, if you need answers for a particular cue card topic then do put in a comment and we would love to answer it for you.
Latest IELTS Speaking Part 1 Questions
- Where is it?
- What kind of home do you live in?
- Tell me a little about your home?
- How many rooms do you have at home?
- Which is your favourite room?
- What changes would you like to bring in it?
- Do you plan to live in the same house in the future?
- How is your neighbourhood?
- Where is it?
- What facilities are there around?
- What improvements would you like to have there?
- Do you like it?
- What can a visitor do there?
- What are the common occupations of people there?
- How is the traffic?
- Is it a good place for a child growing up there?
- What is your present area of work?
- Where do you work?
- Why did you choose this domain at work?
- Do you like your present area of work?
- What do you not like about it?
- Do you plan to change your domain in the future?
- What have you studied?
- Where did you study that?
- Why did you choose this course?
- Do you like your area of study?
- What do you not like about it?
- Do you plan to change your area of study?
Getting up early
- Do you usually get up early every day?
- Do you think waking up early is a good habit?
- What do/ can you do when you get up early?
- Do you prefer getting up early on weekends?
- Do you have anyone in your family who gets up early?
- What benefits do you have over others who wake up early?
- When do you usually put up new decorations in your house?
- What is the importance of home décor?
- What is the usual décor in your house?
- Would you like to change the decoration?
- What colour of decorations do you prefer? Why?
- What kind of materials can be used to have a simple and pleasant décor?
- Have you ever indulged in farming?
- Do you have anyone in your circle who does farming?
- Have you visited a farm?
- What kind of farm would you like to visit?
- Is farming an important occupation in your country?
- Do people engage in farming in your hometown?
- Do you like to go for picnics?
- When was the last time you went for a picnic?
- What do you think is the most enjoyable part of picnics?
- Did you go for a picnic as a child?
- Do you recall school picnics with your friends?
- Do you like visiting places with beautiful scenic views?
- What is the scenery that you see from your home?
- Do you like being in places with scenic views?
- Do you feel relaxed when you are in pleasant scenery?
- Do you take pictures of beautiful scenes?
- Do you wish to have a house with a scenic view?
- Does your hometown have places with beautiful views?
- Do you celebrate the New Year?
- Do youngsters have plans for New Year parties in your area?
- Do you think celebrating events like New Year’s Day bring people together?
- Have you ever hosted a new year party for friends?
- What do you do at New year parties?
- Are you a happy person?
- Do you think rich people are happier than poor people?
- What is your definition of happiness?
- Do you think more people are unhappy today than in the past?
- Has technology revolutionized the aspect of happiness or not?
- How do you express your happiness?
- Is it important to show your happiness to others? Is that good?
- Do you have a lot of furniture at home?
- Which piece of furniture do you like the most at home?
- Who usually buys furniture at home?
- Do you buy furniture based on your need or the look of the room?
- What kind of furniture would you like to buy?
Taking rest/ Taking Breaks
- How often do you take a break?
- What do you usually do during a break? Why do you need to take a break?
- Do you prefer a long break or several short breaks?
- Do breaks help you feel refreshed to get back to work?
- Do you have windows in your house?
- What kind of view do you get from your window?
- How do you feel when you see this view?
- Do you wish to live in a house with a beautiful window view?
- What view do you wish to see from your window?
Fishing and Sea Food
- Do you like fishing?
- Is fishing popular in your hometown?
- Are you fond of eating seafood? Why?
- Do you like to consume tinned or packed seafood?
- Do you have fish as a pet? Why?/why not?
- Describe a place near you where you can see a lot of fishes?
- Do you speak to strangers?
- Is it safe to speak to strangers?
- Are you comfortable starting a conversation with a stranger?
- Have you asked a stranger for help?
- Have you stayed in a hotel before? Why?
- When you stay away from home for work or leisure, do you live in hotels?
- During your holidays, what kind of hotels do you prefer to live in?
- Do you think the hospitality of the staff is important for a hotel’s repute?
- What facilities according to you makes a good hotel stay?
- Does your name have a specific meaning in your culture?
- Do you like your name?
- Who named you as a child?
- Do you want to change your name, if given a chance?
- What would you name yourself?
- Do you think a person’s name and his personality are associated?
- Have you suggested a name for someone or something?
- Do you try new activities?
- Are you comfortable trying new things?
- Do you think such activities may be risky?
- What kind of activities would you like to try?
- Do you try them alone or with friends?
- Have you tried new tricks when you were a child?
Meeting new people
- Are you fond of meeting new people?
- Does that make you nervous?
- Do you feel meeting people helps you to be more open-minded?
- How do you feel when you meet new people and they are pleased with you?
- Have you been a part of discussions in school or college?
- Do you speak up in discussions?
- How do you feel when your opinion is not considered during a discussion?
- Do you think discussions provide valuable outcomes?
- Are discussions important to understand an issue?
Continue to Page 2
Spread the word:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7