IELTS speaking tips, information, advice, model answers and topics to help you prepare successfully for your IELTS speaking test. This page contains everything you need to know and the essential skills for a high score in IELTS speaking.
Below is essential information about the IELTS speaking test.
Bạn Đang Xem: IELTS Speaking: Free Lessons & Essential Tips
Read more: Ielts speaking test liz
- The speaking test is face to face with an examiner in a room.
- There is only one speaking test for all candidates. Academic & GT candidates take the same speaking test.
- If you are doing computer delivered IELTS, you will still have a face to face interview with the examiner. The speaking test remains the same for everyone.
- It is recorded so that you can ask for a remark if you wish later.
- This is an informal speaking test.
- The examiner who asks the questions will decide your results at the end of the test.
- The test lasts between 11 and 14 mins (not more and not less).
- The examiner controls the time and length of your answers.
- The test comprises of:
- ID check and Greeting
- Part 1 = questions & answers 4 to 5 mins
- Part 2 = a talk for 1-2 mins with rounding off questions for 1 min.
- Part 3 = discussion 4 to 5 mins
- There are four marking criteria:
- Fluency & Cohesion (25%)
- Vocabulary (25%)
- Grammar (25%)
- Pronunciation (25%)
- You can see more details on this page: IELTS Band Scores
- See below for more information about speaking and also more test information, click here: IELTS FAQ
- IDP or BC?
Below are lists of common and recent IELTS speaking topics with questions that frequently appear in the speaking test.
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics
IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics
IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topics
Practice speaking exams to develop your skills and get used to the speaking test format. This is essential practice for all IELTS students.
IELTS Speaking Test (1) & Model Answers
IELTS Speaking Test (2)
All useful free IELTS speaking video lessons and speaking tips. Learn more about how to get a high score in speaking and how to improve your answers.
- Tips: How I got Band Score 9 in IELTS Speaking
- Linking Words for IELTS Speaking
- Tips: Which part of the speaking test is most important?
- Tips: Asking the examiner questions
- Tips: How long should my answer be?
- Tips: Should I speak fast or slow?
- Tips: Using wonna and gonna
- Tips: Umm Ahh and Using Fillers
- Tips: Can I tell lies?
- Tips: Should I correct myself or keep talking?
- Tips for Speaking Part 2 – Will I get a low score for speaking less than 2 mins?
- Tips for Speaking Part 2: Difficult Topics
- Tips: Going Off Topic
- Video: Speaking Part 1: Common Questions
- Video: Speaking Part 1: Common Topics
- Video: Speaking Part 1: What’s your favourite…?
- Video: Speaking Part 1: Dictionaries Topic
- Video: Speaking Part 2: How to start your talk
- Video: Speaking Part 3: Comparing Urban and Rural Life
- Video: Greeting the Examiner & ID Check
These lessons are in order of date and new lessons will be added over time. All questions are reported exam topics at time of posting. Lessons usually contain questions, model answers, tips or vocabulary.
Notice: Do not memorise model answers. Model answers are to show you options, skills and techniques. Your answers in your IELTS test should come from you and show your own English language.
- Speaking Part 3 Model Answers: Health & Coronavirus 2020
- Full IELTS Speaking Test
- Part 1 New Topic 2018: Plants
- Part 1 Topic: Dreams
- Speaking Part 1 Topic: Robots
- Speaking Part 2: Good Service Topic
- Speaking Part 1 : Topic of Shoes
- Speaking Part 1: Snacks
- Speaking Part 1: Maths
- Speaking Part 2: Quiz of Understanding
- Speaking Part 1: Camping
- Speaking Part 3: Environment
- Speaking Part 3: Common Mistake
- Speaking Part 1 & 3: Musical Instruments
- Speaking Part 1: Food – Vegetables
- Speaking Part 1: Clothes
- Speaking Part 1: Travel & Transport
- Speaking Part 1: Travel & Transport Sub Topics
- Speaking Part 3: Tourism and the Local Community
- Speaking Part 3: Technology
- Speaking Part 1: Sky
- Speaking Part 3: Charities
- Speaking Part 1: Sleep
- Speaking Part 3: Health
- Speaking Part 2: Holidays
- Speaking Part 3: Sport
- Error Correction: Speaking Part 1
- Speaking Part 1: Walking
- Speaking Part 3: Art – Paintings
- Speaking Part 2: A Place to Learn
- Speaking Part 2: A Friend you are Proud of