Even though globalization affects the world’s economies in a positive way, its negative side should not be forgotten. Discuss.
In the present age, globalization is playing an increasingly important role in our lives. But in the meantime whether it is a blessing or a curse has sparked a heated debate. Some people argue that globalization has a fundamentally beneficial influence on our lives, while many others contend that it has a detrimental effect as well.
Read more: Ielts globalisation essay
Watch more: Letter of Advice [IELTS Writing]
A convincing argument can be made about globalization not only playing a pivotal role in the development of technology and economy, but also promoting the cultural exchange between different countries. To start with, it is the globalization that impelled many to become international groups, thereby making a contribution to the local technology and employment. Specifically, when a multinational group a factory in a developing country, the new equipment, the new management skills and the job vacancies are all in the best interest of the local society. Moreover, people worldwide can get to know each other better through globalization. It is easy to see that more and more Hollywood blockbusters show cultures different from American, some recent examples are ‘Kungfu Panda’ and ‘The Mummy’.
Admittedly, the profit driven side of globalization has severely affected young people. Today, in the metropolises in different countries, it is very common to see teenagers wearing NIKE T-shirts and Adidas footwear, playing Hip-Hop music on Apple iPods and eating at KFC. The culture that took a thousand years to form just seems similar in these cities; it seems as though you can only distinguish them by their language. Meanwhile, in some developing countries, sweat workshops are always a concerning issue. For instance, reports show that some teenagers employed by NIKE’s contractors work in smelly factories over 14 hours a day, but are only paid fifty cents per hour.
To sum up, I would concede that globalization does come with some adverse effects. Despite that fact, benefits created by it far outweigh the disadvantages. Overall, I am convinced that we should further promote globalization and meanwhile the local government should take measures to combat culture assimilation and sweat workshops.
Xem Thêm : How to write a letter
This essay is extremely long (338 words instead of the advised 250-265). It has a sound structure, your position is clearly expressed, the information is well-organized, and structure-wise the sentences are fine. The vocabulary is impressive and there were only a few grammatical errors (see comments underlined in blue). Overall, this seems to be a band 7.5 + essay.
Click here to see more IELTS essays of band 8
Share this to help your friends do better in IELTS!
- IELTS Essay, Topic: The positive and negative sides of globalization Everything has two sides and the globalization is not [tippy…
- IELTS essay, topic: Some people use the Internet to search for solutions to their medical problems, is this a positive or negative development? Some people use the Internet to search for solutions to…
- IELTS essay, topic: Children today are spending more time watching TV than in the past, is it a positive or a negative change? Today children are spending much more time watching TV compared…
- IELTS essay, topic: In many countries young people start living on their own after high school, is this a positive or negative development? In many countries around the world young people decide to…
- IELTS essay, topic: In the past people wore their traditional clothes, but these days most people wear similar clothes, is this a positive or negative development? In the past, people wore their traditional clothes and followed…