Elden Ring features a diverse collection of weapons that you can experiment with so you can find a few favorites, and a whole bunch of them can be wielded as one-handed weapons or two-handed weapons. Knowing when to use such items one way or the other can be key to progressing through the massive open world. If you use one move-set over the other, you’ll gain access to different attacks, potentially helping you in life-or-death situations. In this guide, we’ll give you a quick rundown of why, when, and how to two-hand your favorite weapons.
How to two-hand weapons
Previous From Software games allowed you to two-hand your weapons by simply holding down Triangle on PlayStation / Y on Xbox. In Elden Ring, however, you’ll need to follow one extra step to switch to and from a two-handed stance. PlayStation users can hold Triangle and press R1 or L1 to two-hand your right or left weapon, respectively. On Xbox, those buttons will be Y and either RB or LB. Just don’t accidentally two-hand your shield, because you can, and it’s embarrassing.
Bạn Đang Xem: How To Two-Hand Weapons In Elden Ring
Read more: How to 2 hand in elden ring
Click To Unmute
- Elden Ring Item Causes Ban From Game – Be Careful | GameSpot News
- Playdate Console Video Review
- Cat Cafe Manager – Launch Trailer
- The Shrouded Deep: A Sea of Thieves Adventure | Cinematic Trailer
- 9 Easy Tricks To Defeat BOTW Minibosses
- Firearms Expert Reacts To MORE Borderlands 3 Guns
- World of Warcraft Expansion Reveal Livestream
- Halo Infinite New Maps Catalyst & Breaker Are Very Different | GameSpot News
- Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Xur Location April 15, 2022
- The Aiming System That Broke Weird West
- Horizon Forbidden West – Gameplay Trailer | PS4 Pro
- PUBG MOBILE | Chicken Dinner in AFTERMATH
Size:640 × 360480 × 270
- Start at:
- End at:
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Report a problem Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
Learn More: How to Make an NFT: Guide for 2022
Xem Thêm : E-2C Hawkeye
Now Playing: Elden Ring – Everything To Know
Why you should use weapons two-handed
There are a variety of reasons to wield a weapon with both hands, but the simplest and most obvious reason is that two-handing a weapon grants you additional attack power. While the damage increase isn’t as significant as you might expect, it’s certainly enough to make it a viable choice when a shield isn’t required. But because you won’t have a shield while in this stance, you’ll want to be certain you’re adept at rolling out of the way of incoming attacks. This can be difficult against certain enemies who use faster or slower windups, so don’t be disheartened if it takes some extra practice.
Two-handing a weapon in Elden Ring also provides you with access to new move sets. For instance, you may have a greatsword that does wide vertical attacks while one-handing it, while holding it with two hands will offer you devastating slamming attacks directly in front of you that can easily break an enemy’s guard. You’ll want to be sure that you’re always using the most viable option based on your surroundings. Using those sweeping attacks in a tight corridor is likely to result in just bouncing your sword off the walls, so maybe try two-handing it for tighter, more forward-focused strikes.
Lastly, two-handing most fist and claw armaments will automatically give you that weapon in both hands, which means you’ll have a dual-wielding move set that can apply some incredibly potent damage to your foes. Nothing lets you live out your Wolverine fantasy quite as much as swiftly mowing through hordes of enemies with a set of deadly claws on each hand.
Now that you’ve got the lowdown on two-handing, check out what you should do first during the opening hours of Elden Ring.
Elden Ring Guides
- Elden Ring Rune Farming: The Best Early Areas To Level Up Fast
- What To Do First In Elden Ring: Best Route, Weapons, And Important Map Locations
- Elden Ring: Best Weapons You Can Find Early In Limgrave
- + Show More Elden Ring Guides Links (7)
- Elden Ring: How To Two-Hand Weapons And Why You Should
- Elden Ring Margit The Fell Omen Guide – Recommended Level And How To Beat The First Boss
- Elden Ring: How To Upgrade Weapons – Smithing Stones Explained
- Elden Ring Tips For Beginners: Learning The Ways Of The Lands Between
- How To Level Up In Elden Ring, Stats Explained
- Elden Ring: Best Keepsakes To Pick During Character Creation
- Elden Ring Map: Where To Find Your First Map Fragment