Pass the protein! America’s 50 all-time favorite foods revealed – with steak and chicken topping the list
By Margot Peppers for MailOnline
Published: | Updated:
Read more: Fav food
When it comes to Americans’ favorite foods, they really love their protein.
New research commissioned by Davidson’s Safest Choice Pasteurized Eggs shows that steak is the country’s all-time favorite food.
Chicken, beef, bacon and corned beef also appear in the top ten, taking the second, fifth, seventh and eighth spots respectively.
Take a bite: New data collected from 1,300 American men and women shows that steak is the country’s all-time favorite food, followed by chicken, pizza, waffles and beef
Researchers took a poll of 1,300 men and women across the country to reach their findings.
Revealing some of our unhealthier habits, pizza came in at number three, followed by waffles at number four.
The first fruit to appear on the list is pineapple, which is in eleventh place. America’s second favorite fruit are blueberries, which came is in 18th place, followed by bananas in 20th place.
And according to the survey, peanut butter is the country’s favorite spread, coming in 12th place on the list.
- Book seats near the plane engine, buy a surprise gift and… Three cups of coffee a day could boost liver health – but…
- Mid-air cocktails, five-star hors d’oeuvres and live…
Share this article
When it comes to cheese, mozzarella is the top choice in sixth place on the list. Next up is cheddar, which comes in 37th place.
And some of the more surprising entries are halibut, in 42nd place, and rice pudding, which rounds out the list at number 50.
More than half of those surveyed say that caviar is their least loved food, followed by liver and Brussels sprouts. However 12per cent say they don’t hate any foods.
It also emerged three out of four Americans consider eggs as a food favorite, naming them as one of the items they can’t live without in the refrigerator, behind milk and cheese.
‘It’s no surprise to us that eggs are such a popular choice among Americans,’ said Greg West, President, Davidson’s Safest Choice Pasteurized Eggs.
‘Since our company began in 2003, we’ve pasteurized nearly 2billion eggs. Our patented process eliminates the threat of Salmonella ensuring the safety of all preparations of our eggs. Pasteurization gives our consumers peace of mind.’
AMERICA’S 50 FAVORITE FOODS
Watch more: 30 Productive Things to do With Your Free Time
6. Mozzarella cheese
8. Corned beef
12. Peanut Butter
21. Ice Cream
24. Mashed potatoes
27. Sweet potato
33. Cashew nuts
37. Cheddar cheese
50. Rice pudding
Advertisement Read more:
- Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs
Share or comment on this article:
Most watched News videos
- Ukraine’s 54th Mechanized Brigade appear to destroy Russian convoy
- Surgeons remove bullet from Ukrainian soldier’s beating heart
- Pro-Putin separatist calls for chemical troops deployed in Mariupol
- Lib Dem Leader: Boris and Rishi should resign over Partygate fines
- Chelsea fans sing ‘Boris Johnson is a c***, he likes to have a party’
- Putin: Russia will achieve ‘noble’ aims of Ukraine military campaign
- Shocking footage shows reckless motorcyclists speed at above 100mph
- Finland and Sweden prime ministers meet to discuss NATO
- UN warned of allegations of rape committed by Russian soldiers
- Driver captures column of cars waving Russian flags on M50 in Dublin
- Ukrainian soldiers shoot down drone with British missile launcher
- Putin and Belarusian counterpart sit onboard plane
Share what you think
- Best rated
- Worst rated
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.
Watch more: Describe an unusual vocation you had?