One of the best ways to stay ahead of the many horrors that want you dead in Elden Ring is by farming Runes. This can make the game much more manageable, especially if you’ve found yourself just barely losing battles because you don’t have enough health or aren’t doing enough damage. We’ve covered several great early rune farming locations in Elden Ring already, but one of the very best of them is so good that we worry it may be patched out soon, or you may just miss it. With that in mind, take your best sword, staff, or axe and head to Fort Faroth to slay a very generous dragon. Here’s how to nab 80,000 Runes with one morally dubious trick.
Elden Ring rune farm – Fort Faroth dragon
Typically in a From Software game, everything wants you dead. Sure, some human NPCs may be friendly (or at least they appear that way), but if it looks like a beast, it’s probably content to kill you. That’s not the case with the Fort Faroth dragon, however. This apparent mother dragon is surrounded by her babies, and strangely puts up no fight when you go to kill her.
Read more: Dragon worth 80k runes
Click To Unmute
- Overwatch 2 – Sojourn Origin Story Trailer
- Cyberpunk 2077 Expansion Reconfirmed, More Fixes On The Way | GameSpot News
- 7 Worlds We Want in Kingdom Hearts 4
- No Man’s Sky Update Adding A Criminal Underworld… Hello Han Solo Fantasies | GameSpot News
- 20 Minutes of GUNDAM EVOLUTION Network Test Gameplay
- COD: Vanguard & Warzone – Season Three ‘Classified Arms’ Cinematic Trailer
- Peridot | Official Announcement Teaser
- Deep Rock Galactic – Season 02 Narrated Overview Trailer
- LIVE A LIVE – Imperial China Trailer
- Genshin Impact – Story Teaser: Tale of the Five Kasen
- Don’t Starve Together – Launch Trailer – Nintendo Switch
- Call of Duty: Mobile – Mythically Retro
Size:640 × 360480 × 270
- Start at:
- End at:
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Report a problem Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
Learn More: 7 Steps to Planning a Kids Birthday Party
Now Playing: 20 Minutes of Elden Ring | Liurnia of the Lakes Gameplay
Doing so will net you 80,000 Runes, though she won’t respawn like most other enemies after you rest at a Site of Grace. Still, a bounty of 80,000 Runes is massive at any point, especially early in the game. That’s good for several character levels. What’s more, if you elect not to harm the mother dragon and instead focus on the offspring, they each net you 3,500 Runes and they do respawn after resting at a Site of Grace. They will, however, stop spawning if you kill their mother.
This setup gives you two options:
- Kill the mother dragon once for 80,000 Runes
- Repeatedly farm the babies for 3,500 Runes per dragon
Xem Thêm : 7 Steps to Planning a Kids Birthday Party
Really a third option would be to walk away and leave these creatures be-they didn’t do anything to you!-but if you’ve made it this far, I imagine you’re hellbent on slaying the group in some fashion. Truth be told, assuming this simple Rune farm isn’t bugged, it may very well prove that killing this dragon alters or even prematurely ends a questline players have yet to discover. Therefore, slay the dragons at your own risk-and for potentially greater consequences than just seeming ethically bankrupt.
How to get to Fort Faroth
So you’ve decided to kill dragon mommy. Okay then, for that, you’ll first need to get to Caelid, which is east of Limgrave, the game’s opening area. You can find Fort Faroth by taking the road out of Summonwater Village and through the following areas:
- Northeast to Smoldering Church
- East-by-southeast to Caelum Ruins
- South to Caelid Waypoint Ruins
- East to Sellia Gateway
- Northeast to Fort Faroth
Learn More: 30 Best Bubble Fonts for Fun & Exciting Design
This path largely follows a designed road, so it’s easy enough to stay on target, even as the enemies might not be as helpful. If you’re not willing to trek this distance, you can also take a teleporter that rests slightly northeast of the Third Church of Marika. In the map below, the blue markers indicate your on-foot path through Caelid, while the red markers indicate where the teleporter starts (left) and transports you to (right), followed by the shorter, safer path south to the dragons’ location outside of Fort Faroth (purple).
However you get there, a Site of Grace rests right outside the fort, which makes resetting nice and easy should you elect to spare the mother and repeatedly target the offspring instead.
Eventually, you’ll slay the dragon and pocket a heavy 80,000 Runes. Her apparent disinterest in defending herself means getting there is the only hard part, though also note that if you elect to target the smaller dragons, they’ll be a tough fight for a low-level player.
There’s a lot to consider when embarking on this dragon-slaying quest. Do you spare the dragon for now in case it irreversibly changes a questline later? Do you only target the small dragons-assuming you can reliably defeat them on repeat? Do you rush in and get your 80,000 Runes before this possibly bugged encounter is patched out of the game forever? While the moral implications may sway very few players, more tangible but so far unseen consequences likely await. The choice is yours, Rune farmer!
For more Rune farming opportunities-without destroying families-try our Elden Ring rune farming guide.
Elden Ring Guides
Watch more: 23 details you missed in &x27Hawkeye&x27
- Elden Ring Rune Farming: The Best Early Areas To Level Up Fast
- What To Do First In Elden Ring: Best Route, Weapons, And Important Map Locations
- Elden Ring: Best Weapons You Can Find Early In Limgrave
- + Show More Elden Ring Guides Links (7)
- Elden Ring: How To Two-Hand Weapons And Why You Should
- Elden Ring Margit The Fell Omen Guide – Recommended Level And How To Beat The First Boss
- Elden Ring: How To Upgrade Weapons – Smithing Stones Explained
- Elden Ring Tips For Beginners: Learning The Ways Of The Lands Between
- How To Level Up In Elden Ring, Stats Explained
- Elden Ring: Best Keepsakes To Pick During Character Creation
- Elden Ring Map: Where To Find Your First Map Fragment