- About to call Ukraine but aren’t sure what the best way is?
- Learn how to call Ukraine from the U.S.
- Need more help with how to call Ukraine?
- Blocked international calls
- Some cell phone numbers don’t use area codes
- Trunk codes
- Internet phone or VoIP connections
- Now You Can Share Vonage with Those You Care For Most in Ukraine
- Are there international calling apps out there?
About to call Ukraine but aren’t sure what the best way is?
Try our helpful “How to Call Ukraine” guide below. To call Ukraine from the U.S., just follow these dialing instructions:
- What is Ramsay Hunt syndrome, the condition Justin Bieber says has given him facial paralysis?
- Ukraine Live Updates: Putin Says Peace Talks Hit Dead End and Vows That War Will Go On
- Germany to send Ukraine weapons in historic shift on military aid
- Russia-Ukraine live news: Borodyanka more dreadful than Bucha
- Ukraine waives visa requirements for foreigners who want to come and fight Russia
- First dial 011, the U.S. exit code.
- Next dial 380, the country code for Ukraine.
- Then dial the 2-digit area code (see sample calling code list below) followed by the 7-digit phone number.
- The U.S. to Ukraine international dialing format will look like this: 011 + 380 + XX + XXX XXXX
Learn how to call Ukraine from the U.S.
Need more help with how to call Ukraine?
Here is a list of some major city area codes and city calling codes:
Bạn Đang Xem: Vonage Blog
Read more: Calling within ukraine
UKRAINE AREA CODES Kiev 44 Kharkiv 57 Dnipropetrovsk 56 Donetsk 62 Odessa 48 Zaporizhzhya 61 Lviv 32 Nikolayev 51 Luhansk 64 Vinnytsya 43
If you’re having problems making calls to Ukraine though, check out these frequently made dialing mistakes:
Blocked international calls
A few cell phone service providers automatically employ “blocked” as the default setting. If this is the case, just change the settings and all should be well. Note: This situation doesn’t apply to Vonage World®.
Some cell phone numbers don’t use area codes
Area codes are not always to be added to international cell phone numbers, since in most countries these numbers already have a dedicated starting digit.
If dialing any number that begins with a 0 you’ll need to drop the zero. Zero is the number’s “trunk code” and is used only when calling within certain countries.
Internet phone or VoIP connections
Some VoIP providers allow a user to skip dialing 011 before making international calls, so if that feature is turned on make sure to leave those numbers out.
Now You Can Share Vonage with Those You Care For Most in Ukraine
For an awesome deal on cheap calls to Ukraine, try one of Vonage’s international calling plans. No more calling cards or stop-gap, hidden-fee cell phone services. Click the link above to find out more.
Vonage World® lets you reconnect with loved ones in Ukraine…from Poltava to Uzhgorod… just by signing up your relatives for a Vonage World account and sending them a Vonage Box™¹ via normal shipping channels. After that, they can make unlimited² calls to both landlines and mobile lines anywhere in the U.S.
Anyone using the Vonage Box in Ukraine will now share the exact same U.S. area code that you use. Now you or anyone else in the states can call them through any U.S. based number.
As if that wasn’t enough, if you both use Vonage, your calls to Ukraine will be free. You can make those calls anywhere with high-speed Internet.
Welcome to free calls to Ukraine!
Are there international calling apps out there?
Check out Vonage Mobile for iPhone® & Android™ international calling apps.
¹You sign up for an additional account and remain responsible for all charges and activity on each account, as well as shipping for the adapter and for compliance with the laws of the country outside of the U.S. where the Vonage adapter may be used. Vonage customer support is in English and Spanish only. Vonage 911 service does not operate outside the U.S.
²Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.