A friend has written to you asking for advice about a problem at work. You have had a similar problem in the past.
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Sample Answer Essay: Advertisements & Needs (Real Past IELTS Exam/Test)
- Thank You for Inviting Me Template Messages
- Write a Letter to Your Friend Inviting Her on Your Birthday
- Life-Cycle of a Silkworm
- Traffic on roads has become a problem in nearly every country in the world What can be done to reduce the amount of traffic at a society level and at an individual level
Write a reply to your friend. In your letter:
- Tell your friend you understand the problem
- Explain what happened to you in the past
- Suggest possible solutions to the problem
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS letters, essays and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I received your letter yesterday and I learnt / heard that you are facing a problem at work. Don’t worry. It is not something you can’t solve.
I understand very well how it feels when we’re not comfortable at our work place, but believe me annoying colleagues are a common problem, and everyone has to face such circumstances at some time or other. However, your case is slightly different as the annoying one is your boss’s close relative.
Learn More: 7 Scientific Benefits of Reading Printed Books
I faced a similar problem when I started my job at ‘The Divine’. A senior colleague of mine was very arrogant and used to find faults with everything I did. However, instead of putting up with his nonsense behavior I spoke to HR Manager about it; since then, I faced no issues from him.
I, therefore, suggest that you stay optimistic in this scenario and talk to the concerned person or HR Manager. However, if you think that quitting your job may help you, it will just boost the morale of the wrong-doer. Hence, don’t let anything spoil your professional life.
I’m hoping that my suggestion will prove helpful, and I’m looking forward to hearing from you in this regard.
All the best
Band 8 letter sample 2
Learn More: Essays and topic ideas on Advertising
Xem Thêm : The Ultimate Overview of Wave Energy Diagram
I thought of dropping a line to you with regard to the problem you have been facing since last week. I can relate to your problem / situation as I also went through the same dilemma while I was working as a teacher.
To be honest, being a teacher will definitely put you under these sorts of awful circumstances. I can imagine how helpless you were when the parent shouted at you for the missing of his daughter for an hour. A similar incident happened to me when a girl walked straight to her home from school rather than taking her daily van though that would make her an hour late. Naturally, parents would complain to the teacher in charge and I was answerable. Luckily, the van driver picked her on his return trip and safely dropped her home.
What I wish to suggest to you is that keep a record of the means of transport of the students you are in charge of. Moreover, having the driver’s cell number will be helpful in times when the situation worsens.
I hope you can cope with this. Stay cool!
Watch more: IELTS writing topics and answers
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Advice To A Friend
- You Recently Received A Letter From A Friend Asking For Advice About Whether To Go To College Or To Try To Get A Job |
- You Recently Received A Letter From A Friend Asking For Advice About Whether To Go To College Or To Try To Get A Job | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Received A Letter From A Friend Asking For Advice About Whether To Go To College Or Try To Get A Job | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Friend Has A Problem At Work | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Advising a friend about a holiday: letter written by student with suggested corrections
- A Friend You Made While You Were Studying Abroad Has Written To Ask Your Help For Finding A Job In Your Country | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS letter sample | Letter to a friend
- You Went To A Theatre With A Friend. Your Friend Had An Accident | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Friend You Made While You Were Studying Abroad Has Written To Ask You For Help In Finding A Job In Your Country | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample